Bob Arum could finally give Whyte his long-awaited crack at Fury

Bob Arum could FINALLY give Dillian Whyte his long-awaited crack at Tyson Fury after bouts with Deontay Wilder and Otto Wallin, as promoter admits it would be a ‘big, big fight’ for the Gypsy King

  • Top Rank CEO Bob Arum is open to letting Dillian Whyte take on Tyson Fury
  • The Body Snatcher takes on Otto Wallin in a tricky encounter on October 30
  • Fury would have to retain his title in his trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder
  • It comes after Anthony Joshua lost via unanimous decision to Oleksandr Usyk

Top Rank chief Bob Arum appears open to letting Dillian Whyte have his long-awaited fight against Tyson Fury. 

Whyte, who holds the WBC interim heavyweight belt, has been patiently waiting for a shot at challenging for Fury’s WBC strap for number of years.

And, the legendary boxing promoter is finally willing to give The Body Snatcher that shot at heavyweight. 


Top Rank CEO Bob Arum (left) is open to letting Dillian Whyte (right) have a crack at Tyson Fury

The bout would go ahead providing Whyte beats Swede Otto Wallin and Fury retains his title in his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder.  

‘I haven’t spoken to [WBC President] Mauricio [Sulaiman] yet, we will have to see [what they rule on Fury’s mandatory],’ Arum told iFL TV.

‘I assume you are talking about Dillian Whyte, who is the number one contender.

‘And that could be a big, big fight for Tyson, particularly if we held it in UK.

The Body Snatcher could go on to face the winner of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder

‘That is not out of the question, Dillian Whyte is a capable heavyweight and a fight against Tyson Fury or Wilder [or] whoever wins would be a very interesting fight.’  

All signs were pointing towards an all-British undisputed showdown between Fury and Anthony Joshua in March 2022, but with the latter losing his WBA, WBO and IBF belts in a unanimous decision defeat to Oleksandr Usyk, a fight for all the belts has taken a further delay. 

But Joshua’s defeat could have opened the door to a shot at Fury for Brixton banger Whyte.

Joshua confirmed his desire to take the contractually agreed rematch immediately after his defeat meaning Whyte would be next in line to face the winner of Fury and Wilder who square off in the early hours of Sunday. 

Anthony Joshua’s defeat to Oleksandr Usyk has extended the wait for an undisputed fight

After falling to a shock stoppage defeat to Alexander Povetkin last year, The Body Snatcher avenged his loss with a stunning knockout of his own in March this year. 

Having put himself back in the mix, Whyte now takes on Wallin in a difficult encounter on October 30. 

He will be keeping his fingers crossed that both he and Fury prevail after the Gypsy King promised a December bout between the pair.

Next up for Whyte is Otto Wallin (left), who famously caused Fury all sorts of problems

‘Dillian keeps going on about how he deserves a world title shot,’ Fury said. ‘Since I haven’t fought in England for a long time and Joshua won’t be ready for December, I’ll fit him in and shut him up. Easy.’

Whyte’s patience is running thin as he becomes increasingly annoyed with Fury’s trash talk in recent months. 

‘His best attribute as a boxer is just getting the public to believe any of his b******t,’ he told The Sun.

https://oldtimerfest-muensingen.net/mlb/david-culley-on-40-0-loss-texans-offense-wouldnt-have-played-well-even-with-joe-montana-out-there/

Whyte avenged his defeat to Alexander Povetkin to hold the WBC interim heavyweight belt

‘I am the easiest boxer in the world to make a fight with.

‘You call me or my people, offer us the venue, date and purse and we say yes or no. But Fury and his team talk rubbish.

‘They have no interest in ever fighting me, he has been mandated to fight me twice and ducked out of it — the same as he did with the Wladimir Klitschko rematch he swerved.’




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article