David Haye, 40, flaunts ripped physique in training clip ahead of boxing return

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

Former world heavyweight champion David Haye sent a cryptic message about his future to fans as he showed off his ripped body ahead of a sensational return to the ring.

Haye announced his retirement from boxing in June 2018, when he detailed all the injuries he had suffered in a career which saw him become a unified cruiserweight champion and also win a world heavyweight belt.

But the 40-year-old will make a one-fight comeback next month when he takes on long-time friend and businessman Joe Fournier in Los Angeles.

With two weeks to go until he steps back into the ring, the Hayemaker posted a short clip of a training session on Instagram.

The footage shows the 6ft 3in fighter working on his reflexes with a coach while topless, showing he is in good shape ahead of his return to the ring.

Alongside the video was the caption: "Just over two weeks before I step back through the ropes… The old body has a few rounds left in him… Just how many rounds is the question we all want to know."

Haye's words will add fuel to claims that he could be set for more fights in the future.

While he has repeatedly claimed his boxing return against Fournier is "a one-off", Haye hinted earlier this month he could stay in the sport if it goes well.

"Now I have to admit that if this goes great then exceptional circumstances could trigger another five to ten percent chance of me doing something more serious," he said.

He also said he would not be able to turn down a fight with Lennox Lewis if the opportunity arose.

Haye added: "In all honesty, I wouldn’t be able to resist the honour of sharing a ring with this giant of the game who is not only one of the best heavyweights of all time but in my opinion arguably the greatest British boxer ever."

Even if he does choose to make this his last fight, Haye is set to earn millions from his upcoming bout with Fournier.

The 40-year-old said the fight came about when his friend called him out on a night out in Mykonos, after which Haye said he would take part if the official bout had "a package rivalling my last PPV blockbusters".

The fight takes place on September 11, and is part of the undercard of Oscar De La Hoya's return to the ring against MMA star Vitor Belfort.

  • David Haye
  • Boxing

Source: Read Full Article