Tyson Fury v Anthony Joshua is on the rocks as the Gypsy King sets a 5pm ‘drop-dead deadline’ and says he WON’T extend even until tomorrow – and lines up unlikely third wheel Mahmoud Charr instead
- Frank Warren is confident Anthony Joshua will agree to the terms of the fight
- WBC champ Tyson Fury set Joshua a target of 5pm on Monday to sign the deal
- Joshua said he expects to sign the deal for the fight scheduled on December 3
- Fury has already lined up Mahmoud Charr as a replacement opponent for Joshua
Frank Warren remains confident that Anthony Joshua will meet Tyson Fury’s deadline of 5pm on Monday and agree to the terms of their blockbuster fight.
Fury has become frustrated with what he perceives to be a lack of movement from Joshua’s camp and set the take-it-or-leave-it deadline to the Watford-born fighter.
Until now, Fury has had to play the waiting game and vowed to fight somebody on December 3, regardless of whether that is Joshua or somebody else but his promoter Warren is confident that negotiations are on the right track.
Frank Warren is confident that Anthony Joshua will sign the deal before Tyson Fury’s deadline
Fury has become frustrated at drawn-out negotiations from Joshua’s camp ahead of the fight
‘The only person who can stop this fight from happening, to be quite honest, is Anthony Joshua,’ Warren told talkSPORT.
‘We’ve given them nearly everything they wanted, over and above for a guy who is coming off of two losses. So, let’s just get it on. Or if you don’t want the fight, just say so and we can move on. We want it.
‘On Monday, I think we’re going to have a meeting and see where it goes from there. We want the fight. I want the fight. I desperately want to get that fight on. Tyson wants it, that’s why such a generous offer was made.’
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn was critical of the offer sent to them, saying it was ‘all over the place’ but Warren has since addressed any lingering issues with this team ahead of the final negotiations.
Joshua says the contract is currently with his legal team but expects to agree to the terms
WBC champion Fury says he will fight on December 3 regardless of if its against Joshua or not
‘Hopefully we’ll get it over the line. I’m optimistic at the moment because we’ve satisfied every one of the things that they brought up,’ Warren added.
‘For me, it’s trivial stuff. All of that, for example, the budget for the undercard, or looking at contracts. They can be involved in every aspect of the show, we haven’t got a problem with that.
‘As I say, there’s a meeting on Monday and hopefully we can get it over the line.’
Joshua has so far maintained a calm approach in the face of the potential blockbuster clash but admits he expects to agree to the super fight with Fury.
‘I’ve been signing contracts for years,’ said Joshua.
‘It ain’t in my hands, it’s with a legal team. That’s why you hire lawyers.
Joshua suffered his second-successive loss against Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia last month
Mahmoud Charr is waiting in the wings for a shot at Fury if the Joshua fight does not go ahead
‘If you know the history of boxing, you make sure you get your legal terms right. That’s why you’ve got good management and good lawyers.
‘So, of course, I’m going to sign the contract. It’s just with some lawyers at the minute.’
Meanwhile, Fury has a back up plan in the event that the ‘Battle of Britain’ does not go ahead.
Mahmoud Charr has taken to social media to call Fury out and could be next in line for a shot at the WBC title in December.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article