Edinson Cavani sent clear Cristiano Ronaldo message as Man Utd star urged to leave

Lingard thrilled to have Ronaldo back at Man Utd

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani has been urged to consider a January transfer window move following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo. The former Paris Saint-Germain star found himself on the bench for Uruguay’s World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Colombia after seeing his first-team chances with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side limited.

Cavani came on for the second half of both Uruguay’s recent games, but was unable to affect the result on either occasion as his side lost 3-0 to Argentina on Monday after drawing 0-0 with Colombia last Friday.

The 34-year-old has also been reduced to a substitutes’ role for his club this season after United sealed the sensational return of Ronaldo this summer.

Cavani has started just one game for the Premier League giants so far – and that was in the 1-1 draw with Everton for which Solskjaer was heavily criticised after benching Ronaldo.

JUST IN: Man Utd star Fernandes explains ‘interesting’ Ronaldo comments

https://sportsloveme.com/soccer/chelseas-edouard-mendy-paving-the-way-for-black-goalkeepers-leyton-orient-stopper-claims/

The striker scored 17 goals last season, with United extending his contract by a further 12 months due to his impressive form.

But his compatriot Gus Poyet says Cavani may now have to seek pastures new if he wants to challenge Luis Suarez for a starting role with Uruguay.

“He was unlucky, because without Ronaldo coming in, he was playing as the main striker,’ the former Chelsea midfielder told talkSPORT, cited by Metro.

Poyet added: “Maybe he should move in January.

DON’T MISS
Man Utd’s red-hot best XI next season after two game-changing signings
Man Utd fear Paul Pogba exit as Real Madrid renew pursuit ‘with force’
Newcastle ready to thwart Man Utd and Liverpool for England duo 

“From the outside, I don’t know him, but if I was him, seeing how things are now, and seeing him not getting to 90 minutes for the national team because he’s not playing – maybe.”

Cavani gave up his number seven shirt for Ronaldo after the five-time Ballon d’Or winner returned to Old Trafford from Juventus at the end of August.

And El Grafico in Argentina claimed last month that the striker was now ‘thinking about’ leaving the club when the transfer window reopens in January.

The report claimed Barcelona were in the mix to snap him up, having been linked with him at the end of the summer transfer window.

Follow our new Daily Express Sport Instagram page here

Ronaldo hit the ground running after returning to United, with three goals in his first two Premier League games back at the club.

The 36-year-old has also been in scoring form for his country.

He netted a hat-trick as Portugal beat Luxembourg 5-0 in their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday night, having also been on target in Saturday’s 3-0 friendly win over Qatar.

Having come off at half-time against Qatar, Ronaldo played the full 90 minutes against Luxembourg on Tuesday.

But it doesn’t look likely that Solskjaer will rest him for Saturday’s Premier League return away to Leicester, given the backlash the United boss received after benching his star man against Everton.

Source: Read Full Article