Ian Wright baffled by Solskjaer snubbing two Man Utd stars – ‘What the hell is going on?’

Liverpool's record 5-0 win at Man Utd: Solskjaer at 'rock bottom'

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Former Arsenal star Ian Wright has been left baffled by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s decision to snub two Manchester United stars. Solskjaer is desperately fighting to save his job having seen his team fail to win for four successive Premier League games.

The lowest point of their season so far came last Sunday when they were thrashed at home by fierce rivals Liverpool.

That heavy 5-0 defeat saw the Red Devils drop down to seventh in the Premier League, eight points adrift of leaders Chelsea.

Solskjaer has been criticised for his poor tactical decisions and confusing selections, with several players who United paid big money for left on the bench.

Wright, who won the Premier League with the Gunners, has now added his name to the list of pundits left baffled by Solskjaer.

In particular, the former striker criticised Solskjaer’s unwillingness to play Jadon Sancho and Jesse Lingard.

JUST IN: Man Utd have ‘no plan’ to repeat Mourinho call in sacking Solskjaer

Sancho arrived at Old Trafford in a £73million move from Borussia Dortmund, having starred in the Bundesliga.

But he has started just three times in the Premier League, with the vast majority of his playing time coming on the left wing.

That is a position that the Englishman is not sued to playing and is a major contributing factor to his failure to either score or notch an assist for United.

It is a tactical decision that has now been questioned by Wright, who slammed Solskjaer for his waste of Sancho.

DON’T MISS: 
Fergie comment shows Ronaldo issue Conte would face at Man Utd (INSIGHT)
Man Utd accept Pogba’s contract decision as he makes call on future (NEWS)
Man Utd boss Solskjaer told he should be ‘disgusted’ by Ferguson (ANALYSIS)

“I’m hearing that Harry Maguire’s not fit enough right now but he’s still playing when you’ve got Eric Bailly there,” he told The Ringer podcast.

“You’ve got Donny van de Beek. Jadon Sancho cost £70m, I know he maybe wasn’t fit at the start of the season.

“But that guy has been brought in to create chances and to play on the right-hand side, which doesn’t work anywhere near as effectively as the left.

“But he can’t get a game. Paul Pogba is still the highest assister in the Premier League, he can’t get a game.”

Wright has also been left perplexed by Solskjaer’s failure to play Lingard, despite his impressive loan spell at West Ham last season.

“You think to yourself, ‘what the hell is going on and how long can this continue?’” the former England international added.

“Jesse Lingard! How’s Jesse Lingard had a season like he had at West Ham and come back and now can’t get into that Manchester United team?

“He’s one of the best pressers you will see, the man’s killing it for England and killing it for West Ham. Come on man!”
Source: Read Full Article