Kulian Mbappe is on the verge of joining Real Madrid after Paris Saint-Germain accepted an improved €180 million (£154m) bid, according to reports in Spain.
The 22-year-old has made it clear that he wants to join Real Madrid this summer and has turned down multiple advances from PSG to discuss a new contract.
Mbappe’s current deal expires at the end of the season, meaning that the French club would face the prospect of losing him on a free transfer next year.
Earlier this week, Madrid tabled their first offer for Mbappe but their €160m (£137m) bid was rejected by PSG.
However, Marca are now reporting that Madrid’s revised offer of €180m (£154m) has been accepted by PSG and the transfer is now ‘imminent’.
The report claims that the bid is made up of €170m (145.8m) plus a further a further €10m (£8.5m) in add-ons and an official announcement could be made on Friday.
Speaking after the Champions League draw on Thursday, PSG’s president Nasser Al-Khelaifi insisted that the club was standing firm over Mbappe’s situation.
‘We’ve always been very clear… the situation, the position of the club,’ he said.
‘We’re not going to repeat it every time. You know our position, it has not changed.’
Meanwhile, PSG’s sporting director Leonardo criticised Madrid’s conduct during the negotiations but made it clear that Mbappe wanted to make the move to Spain.
‘Mbappe would like to leave, this seems clear to me,’ Leonardo told RMC.
‘If Real Madrid makes an offer, this seems clear to me. Me, I give a position, which I think is clear for everyone.
‘We cannot change our plans in the final week of the window. If he is set on leaving, we will not hold him back, but it will be our terms.
‘I can’t confirm the figures but it’s around that. It’s less than we paid. But it’s especially the way Madrid have done it that displeases us.
‘Real have behaved like this for two years. It is wrong, illegal even as they have contacted the player. It is unacceptable for us, because it is not right.
‘We speak lots. He has always said the same things. Kylian has always promised he would not leave the club for free. It’s what he has always said.
‘We don’t foresee speaking again with Real. This is the market and for us, we are clear: we want to keep him and extend his deal. But we aren’t going to let him leave for a few smaller than what we paid given we still owe a sum of money to Monaco.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page
Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Source: Read Full Article