Newcastle fans rally outside the stadium as new owner confirmed
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Newcastle, with Saudi Arabian Prince Mohammed bin Salman at the helm, are daring to dream big. And reports claim they could now raid Manchester United for four of their players now they’re flushed with cash. The Mike Ashley era is no more, with the Toon now one of the richest clubs on the entire planet.
On Thursday, it was confirmed that Newcastle were under new ownership.
A Premier League statement said: “The Premier League, Newcastle United Football Club and St James Holdings Limited have today settled the dispute over the takeover of the club by the consortium of PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.
“The legal disputes concerned which entities would own and/or have the ability to control the club following the takeover. All parties have agreed the settlement is necessary to end the long uncertainty for fans over the club’s ownership.
“The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club.
“All parties are pleased to have concluded this process which gives certainty and clarity to Newcastle United Football Club and their fans.”
THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz
Now, Newcastle are one of the richest clubs on the planet.
They have the money to sign anybody in world football, including Galacticos such as Kylian Mbappe and Neymar.
And the Manchester Evening News have listed four players Newcastle could swoop for when the transfer window reopens in January.
The first is Anthony Martial.
The France international has struggled over the past two years, despite once being tipped for the very top under Louis van Gaal.
Ronaldo may block Man Utd from hiring Conte
Conte’s comments on Tottenham job with Nuno under fire
Latest Guendouzi antics show Arsenal were right to sell
But Newcastle could offer him the chance to be a main man, something he’s never had during his spell at Old Trafford.
Newcastle may also go after Eric Bailly to tighten up their defence, with the Ivory Coast international currently down in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s pecking order.
Jesse Lingard is named as a potential third target, despite Solskjaer’s determination to keep the England international.
And the publication also suggests Newcastle would be interested in Donny van de Beek, too.
Van de Beek has struggled during his time in England so far, being limited to just four Premier League starts.
And whether Newcastle go after all four, in January, remains to be seen.
Meanwhile, new Newcastle director Amanda Staveley has claimed the Toon are determined to win the Premier League title.
“Newcastle United deserves to be top of the Premier League,” she told Sky Sports.
“We want to get there. It will take time, but we will get there.
“We’re proud to be part of the Premier League. It’s an incredibly competitive league, which we love.
“Premier League football is the best in the world, and Newcastle United is the best team in the world.
“We want to see it get those trophies, obviously. At top of the Premier League, in Europe, but to get trophies means patience, investment, time.
“We want everybody to work with us to build the club towards what it needs to be.”
Source: Read Full Article