Newcastle hoping to finalise £30m deal with Diego Carlos this week

Newcastle hoping to finalise £30m deal with Sevilla centre back Diego Carlos this week as Eddie Howe looks to add more defensive reinforcements to his squad

  • Newcastle are hoping to get a £30m deal finalised for Sevilla’s Diego Carlos
  • Manager Eddie Howe is said to be on the hunt for a new centre back for his side
  • Newcastle – who are 19th in the table – have conceded 43 goals so far this season
  • The Magpies have had several previous offers for Carlos rejected by Sevilla 

Newcastle United are hoping to get a £30million deal finalised for Sevilla centre back Diego Carlos this week.

Newcastle became the richest club in the world after being taken over by the Saudi Public Investment Fund last year. As a result, they are looking to enhance their squad this month.     

Eddie Howe is said to be on the hunt for a new centre back as the Magpies’ backline have conceded 43 goals so far this season. 

Newcastle are hoping to get a £30million deal finalised for Sevilla centre back Diego Carlos

Newcastle have already signed Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood, but are said to be in the market to additional defenders. 

The Magpies have withdrawn their interest in Lille’s Sven Botman as the club’s president, Olivier Letang, announced that the Dutch centre-half would staying in France.    

Newcastle then turned to Sevilla centre back Carlos as one of their primary targets for the January window. 

Eddie Howe is on the hunt for a new centre back as the Magpies’ have conceded 43 goals so far

Newcastle have already had a series of bids for Carlos (pictured, right) turned down but they are hoping their recent offer of £30m will help close the deal 

The Brazilian defender is said to be keen on the move and negotiations are over a deal are taking place. 

Newcastle have already had a series of bids for Carlos turned down but they are hoping their recent offer of £30m will help close the deal.  

Newcastle have also spoken again to representatives of Freiburg’s highly-rated defender Nico Schlotterbeck.

Previous reports stated that Schlotterbeck had rejected a £40m move to Premier League. However, he is back at the negotiating table.  

The 22-year-old has received interest from Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich for the summer. 

They have also spoken again to agent of Freiburg’s highly-rated defender Nico Schlotterbeck

Newcastle had also been linked with Burnley’s James Tarkowski (above) but he now is expected to see out his contract at Turf Moor 

Newcastle had also been linked with Burnley’s James Tarkowski but he now is expected to see out his contract at Turf Moor.

Burnley have previously turned down bids from West Ham United and Leicester City for Tarkowski, while the defender also said he was committed to helping the Clarets stay up. 

Newcastle are back in action on Saturday when they take on Leeds United in their Premier League clash at Elland Road. 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article